IF YOU’VE READ POSTS on this site, then you know they can be personal, and in some cases funny. That’s what cmduncanwriter is about; stories humbly acknowledging the weirdness of life and seeking to convey meaning. It’s no secret; we live in a challenging snippet of history where the lines between what’s “good” and “bad” are either blurred or are in danger of erasure by powerful influencers. My site has no chance to alter trajectories, but hopefully it provides a venue allowing readers to peak between the lines, and discover perspectives they might not have considered before.
Nothing fancy; just stories.
Are you a Short Story Nerd like me?
Have a story you’d like to submit for publication?
What are you waiting for? Send it in.
Guidelines are below.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, include the text: “submission” (without quotes).
- In the body of the email, assure me (by explicitly writing) that you are the sole owner and hold publishing rights for your short story. If the story has, or will be published online elsewhere; don’t send it to me.
- Provide a brief description of the story.
- Include a link to your website, or Twitter, FaceBook, etc.
- Paste the story into the body of the email; attach nothing to the mail. Attachments will be ignored.
- As a general rule, the length of your story should reside between 1500 to 4000 words.
- Send one email per short story submission. If you have multiple submissions, send multiple emails.
- If you send something cool, I’ll get back to you.
- Thank you, so very much.