IF YOU’VE READ ANY POSTS on our website, then you know they can be both personal, and in some cases funny. That’s what cmduncanwriter.com is about; stories that humbly acknowledge the weirdness of life while seeking to convey meaning. But also, we try not to beat the reader over the head with morality. It’s no secret; we live in a challenging snippet of history where the lines between what’s “good” and “bad” are either blurred, or are being erased by powerful influencers. This website has no chance to alter history, but hopefully, we provide a venue that allows readers to peer between the lines, and discover perspectives they might not have considered before. Nothing fancy; just stories.
Are you a Short Story Nerd like us?
Have a story you’d like to submit for publication?
What are you waiting for? Send it in.
Guidelines are below.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, include the text: “submission” (without quotes).
- In the body of the email, assure us (by explicitly writing) that you are the sole owner and hold publishing rights for your short story. If the story has, or will be published online elsewhere, don’t send it to us.
- Provide a brief description of the story.
- Include a link to your website, or Twitter, FaceBook, etc.
- Paste the story into the body of the email; attach nothing to the mail. Attachments will be ignored.
- As a general rule, the length of your story should reside between 1500 to 4000 words.
- Send one email per short story submission. If you have multiple submissions, send multiple emails.
- If we like what you send, we’ll get back to you.
- Note: All Short Stories published on our site will be read by cmduncan. A link to the audio will appear on the same page as the post, and the audio will be published as a podcast episode in cmduncanwriter’s podcast: The Short Story Nerd. All credit for authoring the story will go to you, the writer. As in, you will (of course) be mentioned as the author, both on our website and podcast.